Seafood Savers understands that the commitment of industry players in doing fisheries improvement in Indonesia is an extraordinary effort. In a way to appreciate that, Seafood Savers provides benefits to its members which are:
- Public recognition for involvement in Fisheries Improvement Program (FIP) and/or Aquaculture Improvement Program (AIP)
- Technical assistant in the implementation of FIP/ AIP
- Market linkage
- Improvement in competitiveness in domestic or global market
- Improvement in bargaining position of the policy maker
- Possibility to be a pioneer in educating consumer about sustainable fisheries
Potential member companies are subject to three main requirements before they can apply to join Seafood Savers:
- Company is a business that is legally acknowledged by the authority in the country of origin.
- Company is sourcing commodities from waters within Indonesia’s territory.
- Company aims to apply for MSC, ASC and/or CoC certifications.
- Company agrees and willing to follow all the steps and mechanisms to be Seafood Savers member written in Institutional Guidelines.